Old June 8th 04, 05:45 AM
Koon Yong

Default First Singlespeed Commute

flyingdutch wrote:
You forgot to mention you live in a hill-less part of Melbourne
I tried 42x16 on my project SS (the wheel is going great. tanx!) but
have gone back to a 38T and put some slicker tyres on. now i just need
some narrower rims than the Rhyno that was on it so I can go back to
using my Fatboys again
Heck, Im even thinkun of doing the 'Hippy-cum-courier' thang and getting
a FUX bag as rack pannier is a pain for so much out-of-saddle stuff

Yes Dutchy

I do admit that my commute is rather hill-less ... but I have done mor
"hilly" rides on the weekend and they've gone fine. It all boils down t
spinning. the faster you can spin, the less it hurts

How big are the fatboys? I run a 1.7 on that same rim ... had a 1.6 onc
too I believe

Cheers Koo

-