Old June 17th 07, 10:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

Default Garmin Edge 305 HC

Bob Chambers wrote:
Seeking Comments on this cycling computer/GPS

I use one all the time, for mountain bike riding, canoing and road
riding and occasionally for running on bush tracks. It's no good for
navigating from as it only shows one track at a time, you have to know
where you're going in advance. It is rock solid as far as getting
satellite signals and also pulse rate signals. It is very accurate,
within a meter or two. I took a while to understand the way the
functions are set out, it's not very intuitive (read the manual). The
software isn't great, but there are some third party programs you can
use to get around that. I really really like that you can "race" against
one of your previous rides, it really is like having a virtual race
partner. The initial cost seems expensive but I bought some extra mounts
(very expensive) and swap it between my various bikes and canoes. Now it
is one my most used toys, (along with my MP3 player.)

Friday