Old November 1st 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Default Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

Klaas Bil;1122676 wrote:
Depressing indeed. Geared unicycles may suck but they're faster. Maybe
that sucks too...

But 50 Nm?? Maybe that's for the crank fixing screw? Sounds like way
too much for the screw to fix the button. If you did that to yours... no
wonder you damaged it!

Last week I thought GUni's were great. Today I think they suck. Maybe
next week I'll give you a balanced opinion.

Now I have no idea how much 50Nm is. That's what was scribbled on the
Schlumpf manual. I have no idea who wrote it in there. It's either
Florian or the UDC boys.

I tried Spencers double nut technique today. The shaft takes 5mm nuts.
Unfortunately it didn't work.

The next option is to take it to the bike shop on Monday to take my
crank off (I brought the wrong crank extractor with me- non-ISIS).
Hopefully that will give a bit more leveraget to work with.

If that doesn't work, I think I'll break the button so that the dome is
off. I won't be able to shift whilst riding, but at least I can get in
there and tighten the loose crank, which is what is stopping me riding
at the moment.

--
GizmoDuck

The Induni Unicycle Tour 2009. Unicycle Tour of India. Email me for
details. www.induni.adventureunicyclist.com
The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net
The SINZ Unicycle Tour 2007....South Island, New Zealand
www.sinzuni.org