Old November 2nd 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TonyMelton

Default Help! Stuck Schlumpf Shifter Button

GizmoDuck;1122722 wrote:

Have you tightened your torque lever? I had some play with the road
hub and it went once I tigheted the torque lever. Also, your frame does
flex a bit...you could try sticking a brake booster on there to stiffen
things up.

I've got a brake booster on my Maguras already. The play that I'm
talking about feels like the bearings are loose on the axle. Even with
the optimum number of spacers on the axle (as adjusted by Florian
Schlumpf himself) there is still some play. Tightening the torque arm
won't fix it. However it doesn't seem to matter too much and it isn't
noticable (or distinguishable from the crank slop) when riding. I tried
the same hold-the-frame-steady-and-wiggle-side-to-side test on a couple
of other road schlumpf hubs at UNICON and they all had some side to side
play. My conclusion is that this play cannot be eliminated and
originates from the lack of lateral stiffness of the bearings
themselves.

--
TonyMelton

'Take a squizz at my YouTube videos!'