Old October 20th 04, 02:22 AM
Terry Morse

Badger_South wrote:

I'm wondering if there are any good tips out there for keeping cadence high
going up moderate hills. I find I really have to hum a tune, or count reps
when the going gets tough and I start to sink below 65 or 70 (or lower).

I think the best way to get your cadence up on the hills is to work
on high cadence on the flats. Once you're comfortable with
maintaining a cadence without thinking about it, doing it on the
hills will become second nature.

If the going gets tough and you find your cadence dropping below
where you want it to be, shift down. If you're out of gears, lower
ones can be had from bike shops.