Old August 5th 05, 05:43 AM
Preston Crawford

Default HRM died on me, looking at Sigma Sport PC14 and Timex Marathon...

On 2005-08-05, Jeff Starr wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 20:03:49 -0500, Preston Crawford
wrote:

Any opinions on which is going to be better quality? I've been Polar for
years, but they've dropped their Pacer product.

Preston

Hi, I have the older Sigma Sport PC1300. It has worked flawlessly.
This one does show how much time below, in, and over.

I wouldn't want to wear it as a wris****ch, but for use when riding,
it is fine. I like my wris****ches to be analog.

The PC1300 allows user battery replacement, which is something I
wanted.

Life is Good!
Jeff

Yeah, I picked up the Sigma Sport today and it's GIGANTIC as a wrist
watch. That's really sad. I've ALWAYS worn my HRMs as wris****ches.
Mostly because of ease of use. Hop off the bike on my commute, have to
park it in a community garage, lock it up, pop off the computer, head
into work. Ugh. Why did they have to make it so huge. It's ridiculous.

Preston