Old December 2nd 08, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

Default breaking the lock(s)

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 06:00:17 -0800 (PST)
didds wrote:

at work there are two bikes that are cabled and D-locked to the racks
respectively.

the D-lock is a "Draper Expert SL3-Pro" whilst the cable is a standard
steel cable-wrapped-in-plastic affair.

These bikes ahve been seemingly abandoned - they've been there for
months and nobody in these offices lays claim.

We want to reclaim the racks so need to "break" the cable and lock.

Any advice? Boltcutters and hacksaw? I tried a hacksaw on both today
but with absolutely no joy, though it was really only a junior
hacksaw...

http://www.directbrandtools.com/Deta...qsProd=DPC6410