Old January 23rd 19, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Is black clothing compulsory?

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 8:54:27 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
GB wrote:
I just wondered whether it is now compulsory for cyclists to wear
black clothing? I ask because I nearly wrote a cyclist off early
yesterday morning. He was cycling slowly up a hill in the middle of
the road. Dark clothes and dark bike = all I could see was the rear
light.
I thought what I was looking at was a motorcycle 50m ahead, whereas
what I was actually seeing was a cyclist just 10m ahead.

No doubt, I'd have been held to blame for the accident, if I hadn't
stopped just in time. Nevertheless, I was quite safe in my car, and
the cyclist is the one who'd have ended up in hospital.

Bear in mind that there are lots of crap car drivers around, like me,
and give them all the help you can not to injure you. It seems a
really good idea to wear light coloured clothes with reflective
panels and have a similar colour scheme for the bike.

I looked out of the window at about 8am. Freezing fog, I could not see to
the end of the street. Roads very icy, snow still around and all proper road
users driving with lights.
Apart from one pillock, dressed in black, no lights and using the road and
the footpath and the road as it felt fit.
Yip, it was a stupid brain dead poverty cyclist.

Why are you replying to your own post?