Old January 24th 19, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Is black clothing compulsory?

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 12:07:53 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 23/01/2019 20:25, GB wrote:

I just wondered whether it is now compulsory for cyclists to wear black
clothing? I ask because I nearly wrote a cyclist off early yesterday
morning. He was cycling slowly up a hill in the middle of the road. Dark
clothes and dark bike = all I could see was the rear light.

Your lights would have reflected off the road surface more than the cyclist.

I thought what I was looking at was a motorcycle 50m ahead, whereas what
I was actually seeing was a cyclist just 10m ahead.

You should stop driving until you have had your eyes and car lights
checked out.

Do trolls carry rabies? You should get that bite checked out anyway.