Old July 11th 16, 02:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default The high cost of mountain biking!

"John B." wrote in message
[...]

The John B.(Bull****) usual crap not even read other than to note the extent
of it.

Do you suppose for one minute that I or anyone else is dumb enough to read
anything you write? You are the poorest and the craziest ******* ever to
post to this newsgroup. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such a
faggot, the one subject on which you showed some expertise.

Post content or get lost!

Whoops ... I just spotted some content, so I will take a bit of time to
respond.

Oh, by the way, Dooley I came across some interesting numbers the

other day. It seems that some U.S. agency counted the numbers of
hikers that utilized public parks and forests and the numbers of
people who rode bicycles and they found that approximately twice as
many people had ridden a bike in the past year as had gone hiking in
the same period.

So in the Hiker-Biker wars the bikers win by a 2 - 1 margin.

I myself do much more cycling than I do walking, but is the biking you
mention above on single track trails in wilderness settings? I doubt it, but
I must admit that hiking has always been for the select few. After all it
take decades of education before one gets to the point of appreciating
nature in a wilderness setting. Most folks never do get to this kind of
knowledge. I suspect it is because they think God created them out of
nothing and that the natural world had little to do with it.

But whether folks are biking or hiking, what does that matter? The world is
full of roads and streets for cycling whereas wilderness trails are
relatively rare. That is reason enough to exclude bikes from single track
wilderness trails. See Mike Vandeman for the many other reasons why bikes do
not belong on single track trails. He is the world expert on the subject
besides being a genius.
[...]

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota