Old January 23rd 04, 12:40 AM
Pete Biggs

Default Cycle Commute from Kilburn to Canary Wharf

SabineUK wrote:
"Dave Larrington" said:

I think Rotherhithe Tunnel is legal for cyclists
(somebody correct me if wrong) but it is very
polluted.

It is indeed legal for cyclists, and is probably the only place I
would ever ride on the pavement rather than the road. Though given
the choice I wouldn't ride there at all...

It's legal. It doesn't feel *too* dangerous.

However, the technical term for the whole experience is ****ing,
****ing, ****ing horrible. I really wouldn't consider it for a
commute.

This thread inspired me to try the Rotherhithe Tunnel again (is that
perverse or what!) and it's better than I remembered; did north to south.
Still, that was off peak and I had a bit of a draft from a slow* moving
car - which was enjoyable! Just the second half of the climb at the end
was unpleasant. South to north in the rush hour can't be so good - which
is what I must have done previously.

* slow for a car, that is.

~PB