Old June 8th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Why do some walk their bikes across gravel?

In article .com,
"Mike Reed" wrote:

I people walking a lot, but I've always just ridden over gravel
(parking lots and such). What's the motivation to walk or even carry
your road bike?

Fear of crashing, generally. Most people riding bikes have very minimal
bike handling skills. Good skills are really developed in childhood,
and many children have very limited bike riding experience since most
parents drive their children everywhere to organized activities that
have had the life and spontaneity squeezed out of them, and where all
must receive prizes (Lewis Carroll reference).