Old June 4th 05, 06:28 AM
Lorenzo L. Love

Ron Teplitz wrote:
I've gone over sideways four times in the 10 years that I've had my
Lightning Stealth. When an SWB's front wheel slides out, you go down
fast. Ususally I just get road rash on the forearm that hits the street.
The most recent time I did this, was going in a straight line at about
12 mph, rode into a small patch of gravel. Went down, landed badly and
broke a leg. Am re-evaluating my choice of bikes.

Is an SWB any more likely than some other kind of 2-wheel bent (or a
wedgie) to lose control on a patch of gravel in the street? Opinions?
Experiences?

Ron

I have a LWB Tour Easy, a CLWB BikeE and a SWB Vision. They all can go
down fast, but the SWB seems to go down the fastest. The most serious
injury I got on a bike was a broken wrist when my Vision went down at
about 25 mph.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

"Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live."
Mark Twain