Old June 5th 05, 06:49 PM
LioNiNoiL_a t_Y a h 0 0_d 0 t_c 0 m

Ron Teplitz wrote:

was going in a straight line at about 12 mph, rode into
a small patch of gravel. Went down, landed badly and
broke a leg.

Six years and one week ago, I went down in a right turn going too fast
on my M5 CMPCT, and broke my right leg at the ankle due to the dreaded
"leg suck". Unlike your case, there was no gravel or any other road
condition responsible, only my own poor judgement of my speed. I've done
similar stunts [without as severe an injury] on my Tour Easy and on
various hunker-bikes, so I can't blame the bike [although my wife does].