Old June 7th 05, 02:06 PM
Buck

On 06/07/2005 13:57:52 "Jeff Grippe" wrote:

"Buck" wrote in message

Have you cosidered a trike, you do not even have to unclip at junctions,
and sliding can even be fun.

Fun yes! I wouldn't give up my trikes for anything BUT they are not
stable at high speed (at least not the one's I've had a chance to ride at
high speed).

I learned this the hard way. I was going down a hill that would have been
nothing on a bike. The road was rough but nothing you would avoid. I was
going 25 MPH by the time I decided that I didn't like the way the trike
was handling. That is also the moment when I discovered that the effect
of brake-steer is magnified at high speed. I ended up flipping the trike.
A had a little road rash and the trike was fine (I was more concerned
about the trike).

I've been wondering if quads are more stable but I'm starting to come to
the conclusion that two wheel vehicles actually do better at high speeds.

The only times I every feel off of any of my recumbent bikes was when I
was going up very steep hills and couldn't go fast enough to maintain my
balance. This has never happened to me on a trike (obviously).

Jeff

You should try the Catrike Speed, by the way this isn't a plug, well it is but only because I have such high regard for them.

--
Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

www.catrike.co.uk