Old August 1st 20, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default Exeter road rage driver banned for mowing down cyclist in Tesco car park

On 13:03 1 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Whenever I carried shopping or other goods in a rucksack while cycling, I
found the biggest problem was the inevitable shifting of the load.

Not only because it changed the balance but also because restoring its
position meant I would need to wriggle or writhe in a way which reduced
control.

Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would have to
be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.