Old March 4th 05, 11:16 PM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

(Gooserider) wrote:

snip
3) Our sport is very expensive. a $2000
bicycle is far more expensive than a
basketball and a pair of Nikes.

/snip

Sorryt bout the double post, my finger slipped.

Who needs a $2000 bike ? Maybe if you're seriously into competition,
perhaps considering going pro, maybe, but you don't need to go overboard
for an ordinary club ride. Hell, I've done fine for years, pulling off
single, double, and even triple centuries on a Schwinn valued at _maybe_
$400-$500.

As for the "status factor", I would think that being able to fork out
$2000+ "just for a bicycle" would qualify very nicely.

- -

"May you have the winds at your back,
And a really low gear for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner