Old December 16th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
xxx

Default Vandeman is a Fool

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:59:04 -0800, cc wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On 12 Dec 2006 17:40:35 GMT, Chris Foster
wrote:

As president bush does every thing he can to stop the US from passing
legislation that would limit the amount of CO2 into the World's atmosphere,
Vande-monkey is bashing a couple of people who I feel love the environment
and want to be part of it their own respective way.

Vande-monkey was frightened by some mean-old mountain biker 8 years ago.
He has been on a crusade ever since to try to get those mean-old mountain
bikers from scaring him again. Bet he has night mares from that initial
incident.

Mike,
So many people already ignore you, you appear to have a good heart and
good intent, but man, you are a fool if you actually believe that you have
convinced ONE mountain biker from never riding it again.

Stop wasting your time here and go be productive, because I am.

PLONK

Good riddance. You have nothing to offer but lies. Your post above is
a perfect example. You know NOTHING about me and why I oppose mountain
biking, in spite of it being spelled out clearly on my web site. But
you have to be able to read words of more than one syl-la-ble.

No, Mike, YOU haven't provided ONE good reason for disliking mountain
biking. Put up or shut up.

NOT A VADEMAN FAN....

However, I've heard bike riding in general is bad for the Earth for
two reasons:

1. When meansuring CO2 Generated per mile, per pound carred, per
person, some bike riders generated more CO2 than if they filled a fuel
efficient car, and just drove to their desination.

2. Bike riders are active, and increased activity levels can lead
towards longer lives. Each day a human is alive it generates CO2,
consumers water, and natural resources. So bike riding, can
indirectly lead to faster natural resource depletion.

Clearly all this means all bike riding should be banned.

XXX