Old September 15th 03, 03:14 AM
Alan Weiss

Default which tandem recumbent trike should i buy

There are now several on the market. The Greenspeed
http://www.greenspeed.com.au/tandemplus.htm
seems to be the standard by which others are measured. It is huge,
comfortable, and built like a tank. Organic Engines has one
http://www.organicengines.com/Troika/index.htm
that looks good to me, but I haven't tried it. There is a new one by Logo
http://www.logotrikes.com/models.htm#tandem
that has no track record, but may be a winner.

There are also a few delta configurations, such as Lightfoot Cycles ME3
http://www.lightfootcycles.com/ go to Other, Tandem
and the Penninger or Kettwiesel delta trikes that can be linked into
tandems, but can also be unlinked and ridden as singles.
http://www.PenningerRecumbents.com/
http://www.hase-spezialraeder.de/ (the English menu seems to be broken
right now)

There are also a few sociable trikes (side by side instead of front and
back), but I know very little about these.

So, which to buy? There are loads of differences. I think the main
considerations are your budget, the type of riding you plan to do (day
trips, long loaded tours, racing, shopping,...), how often you may wish
to transport the trike(s) by car or air, and the availability of service
for whatever you choose. Of course, you also have to figure out which
one(s) feel best to you, and that may not be easy, since I don't think
any store stocks all the models I mentioned (and there may be more that
I am neglecting).

Good luck, and please let us know whoat you decide and how it works out.

Alan Weiss
NJ Gold Rush, E2 tandem, and Leitra rider

Peter M Spirito wrote:

We are looking for input on which tandem recumbent trike to buy.