Old November 16th 17, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On 11/15/2017 7:45 PM, John B. wrote:

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 15:17:28 -0800, Joerg
wrote:

Anyhow, there are numerous issues here, not the least being that it is
tough to mount a thick rotor so it still lines up correctly. It may be
possible to machine a part to adapt a motorcycle caliper and I have had
parts machined for my MTB. Requires time though. As I said, first I am
going to see if the 8" rotors are good enough which they very well may
be. 6" in back was clearly not adequate.

Good Lord! A disc is just about the simplest thing that you could
design - two circles one inside the other - and almost the simplest
thing to manufacturer. Even in the wilds of California you should be
able to find either a "home machinist" or a commercial shop to make
them to your specifications.

This guy may be for hi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVV4xeWBIxE

He has lots of videos. I think one even involves repairing a chain
without a chain tool.

--
- Frank Krygowski