Old August 29th 19, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Rolling Resistence

On Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 10:51:20 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:

I guess I'll have to experiment to see if the non-aero LeMond is what the problem is or the rolling resistance of the tires.

The standard measuring method is a roll-out test. You need a piece of smooth road (with a painted line to ride on is good), where you can bring the bike up to quite a low speed (10-15mph is good enough) at a marker on the road, and than cease pedalling. The tire that rolls further from that marker has the least rolling resistance. A good GPS will allow you to make adjustments for human variability, but even unadjusted results will be useful if you take averages of several runs.

Andre Jute
Hotrodder