Old September 9th 19, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Electric scooters 'would beat cars on short journeys and help cutcongestion in UK's gridlocked cities'

On 09/09/2019 19:54, Simon Mason wrote:
On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 1:56:12 PM UTC+1, Bod wrote:

I thought they were limited to 15mph?

Are the 28mph ones street legal without a driving licence?

They are limited to 15mph on UK roads.

Ah - I thought so.
When I was commuting, I would always pass them on my ride to work as my top speed on the flat was 34mph (with a tail wind).

The UK top legal power limit for a road E Bike is 250 watt, whereas

mine is 500watt. Hence the extra speed on mine. Very fast accelleration.

--
Bod