Old September 10th 19, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Electric scooters 'would beat cars on short journeys and help cutcongestion in UK's gridlocked cities'

Not at all, very urban in fact. I am just saying that my area actually
does suffer gridlock, and it means that leaving my road is a walking job
or motorcycle.

These efforts to get more passengers into a vehicle are hopefully successful:

https://techxplore.com/news/2019-09-...-vehicles.html

Nevertheless, during say, a pandemic, it may be nice to have backup personal transportation.

It will take awhile to get these economies of scale down to e-bikes but VW managed to wrangle the cost of an EV battery down to $100/kW-hr.

An e-bike will go 100 km on a kW-hr, +/- 30 km.

What was or still is the most costly part of an e-bike may soon be cheaper than hydraulic brakes.