Old December 14th 03, 12:49 AM
gkmac

Default Tyre suddenly leaks air at valve. HELP!

Sofa wrote:
*the stick in the middle of the valve... *

...is this the stick which lets air out if you push it down?

*is like a screw. turn it clockwise to stop the leak.

Use needlenose pliers... *

...I don't have any needlenose pliers, and being a quarter to midnight
can't get hold of some right now. Of course the stick being totally
round means I cannot shift it with the tweezers.

*...or check the back of the valve cap to see if there is a slot on
the reverse side to use as the unscrewing tool *

Unfortunately there isn't.

If I cannot fix this, is this something that a bike shop would be able
to fix?

--
gkmac - Shy Nervous Newbie
gkmac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4577