Old April 8th 05, 03:43 PM
David L. Johnson

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:24:15 +0000, Mark Shaw wrote:

So I'm seeing two different pressure readings, depending on the
presence of the adapter and which terminus of the pump I'm using.

I take it the pump is one of those double-headed jobs, with Shader on one
side of the head, Presta on the other.

The air pressure is read, though, back at the pump body, so it should not
even know what end is used. Something is wrong.

Chances are that the separate pressure gauge is correct. Take your pump
back to the shop where you got it and explain your situation. I guess the
pump is somehow defective, with some blockage in the presta side of the
head.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored
_`\(,_ | by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." --Ralph Waldo
(_)/ (_) | Emerson