Old April 8th 05, 05:51 PM
Maggie

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"David L. Johnson" wrote: (clip) I guess the pump is somehow

defective,
with some blockage in the presta side of the head.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you operate the pump with the Presta setting, but not connected to

valve, does it register any pressure on the gauge? Compare this to

the
Shraeder setting. Is there a difference? On the Presta setting can

you
compress air, so you have a gauge reading that does not bleed off?

It could
be that there is a scrap of rubber in the valve that is blocking air

flow.

I think I will give some advice on this one....ummmmm......maybe not.
TGIF.
Maggie