Old November 4th 05, 06:43 AM
damyth

Default bigger lawyer lips on the way?

David L. Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:48:49 -0800, Fritz M wrote:

A mom in West Virginia is suing Wal-Mart for selling defective bikes.
The defect? Quick release front wheels. More info at
http://www.shokbikes.org/

This article makes it seem as if _any_ bike with QR's is dangerous. OTOH,
it's hard to see any advantage for a bicycle-shaped-toy to have QRs on it,
anyway.

But this claim that the kid was JRA when the wheel fell off is absurd.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve
_`\(,_ | death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to
(_)/ (_) | them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.
-- J. R. R. Tolkein

Sigh.... Yeah, I too question the wisdom of Wal-Mart selling bikes with
QR's. Too many clueless parents who don't know any better (and their
correspondingly clueless kids) and who don't grok the concept of
personal responsibility.

This has to rank up there with the McDonald's hot scalding coffee on
lap lawsuit.