Old November 22nd 05, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Valve Exender Question

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." wrote in message
et...
I think the tire or it's valve is defective, or perhaps there is dirt
or somethign holding the valve open -- that doesn't happen to me. And
the fact that it only happens with your rear wheel suggests the same
thing.

JT

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what you mean. I thought you have
leave the valve wide-open before you attach the extender, else you can't
pump up the tire once it's on the rim.

Air shouldn't leak out of the valve even when it's "open" because air
pressure in the tube pushes the core out and seals it. If you are losing
pressure in this one tire, there is a problem in the valve that is not
simply the result of it being in the "open" position, or in the tube.

Used to use Rev-X wheels myself and did not have leakage problems with valve
extenders.

Cal