Old January 30th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Conti 4000s vs All-Seasons

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Just picked up my Seven Ti custom bike. All is great, except LBS put
Conti All-Seasons on Mavic OP wheels instead of GP 4000s, as agreed.
(700x25). Heard great things about performance/durability of 4000s,
nothing about All-Seasons. What's your experience - don't want to fuss
if they're comparable, though I'm annoyed.

The GP4000 will be a slightly-faster, slightly-smoother-riding (more
comfortable) tire, due to its more-flexible casing. Durability should be a
bit better on the 4-Seasons (which is what I think that tire is actually
called?). Pricing is fairly similar; maybe $6 more/tire on the GP4000.

How does the GP4000 compare to the Michelin Carbon Pro2's? TIA