Old July 26th 03, 12:48 AM
pico23

Default Suggestions on lighting systems

Thats odd because I have a petzl headlamp that I use for
climbing/hiking/kayaking ect. and the light on it is super bright and I
prefer it for seeing in the 10-15meter range with fresh batteries. The light
in question also has a second built in light with a halogen bulb and sure I
use this for spot beaming but I still use the LED 99% of the time even when
climbing a pitch.

I think you need to reevaluate LEDs. High quality ones are really bright and
work well. I wouldn't be suprised to see them in REAL light systems in the
next few years.
"David Damerell" wrote in message
news
Werehatrack wrote:
may have said:
This is completely irrelevant, since dynamo-driven headlights use
conventional bulbs.

Is no one making an LED/dynamo setup? It seems like a natural
symbiosis to me.

Rear dynamo lights are LEDs, because there there is a real efficiency
improvement with the lack of a need to use the rear filter. I remain to be
convinced that there's much in it for headlights - LEDs make great "being
seen" lights, but don't seem so good for seeing.
--
David Damerell Kill the tomato!