Old October 15th 03, 04:07 AM
Bent Pedals

Default Conditioning/Getting in shape

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:18:57 GMT, "iLiad"
wrote:

My personal view on this is to simply ride like you are riding for the first
six months or so.

Makes sense . . . don't push too hard too soon.

Right now your body is benefiting so much from simply being out and excercising.
As far as training every day, you need at least one to two days to recup.

I've been finding that 2-3 days of riding then 1 day off fits
and feels right. So I guess I'm doing okay.

Just one mention, when you say crank out, I get visions of you pushing hard
on the bike. Probably not your intent, but just what comes to mind. You need
to make sure you aren't pushing big gears.

Sorry, should have said it differently. I'm allergic to the
big gears, try to keep the cadence between 80-90, grin, but not always
successfully. This danged bent needs gentle coaxing up the hills.

Thanks for the advice.