Old August 4th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech

Default Beware of PowerCranks

On Aug 3, 6:35 pm, wrote:
On Aug 3, 1:37 am, wrote:

On Aug 3, 2:14 am, wrote:

Everyone pedals in circles to some degree, in
that they do some work on the back stroke, the only question is how
much do they do? [...] What they forget is the effects of
gravity on those measured forces.

You're saying that on the moon your cranks would be one-sixth as
effective?

One-sixth as effective as what? bicycle cranks? training devices to
train "circular" pedaling on earth? training devices for space?

I don't know. I'm asking. You're saying that everyone but you forgets
acceleration due to gravity. So can you estimate the difference in
power an astronaut could make if he used a regularly-cranked ergometer
on the ISS?