Old March 21st 08, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Grove

Default Car daytime running lights

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 03:57:08 -0700 (PDT), naked_draughtsman
said in
:

I guess what they mean is they're consulting with the DfT and
counterparts rather than people who this might affect such as cycling
and motoring groups.

No, I think it's just the other definition of consulting, the one
used by governments. "Good, that's all settled, now we'll just
arrange the consultation to approve it".

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

If the EU OJ says sidelights for running lights then the British Civil
service mandarins
will translate it to mean full headlights, spotlights and fog lights to be
on at all times.
and the Police will enforce this with a will to raise revenue.

The French Italians Spanish and Greeks will pass it into law and ignore it.
The Germans will act sensibly together with the other nations,

The EU OJ is the European Union Official Journal.
When a regulation is published in the EU OJ all member states have to take
it into their law,