Old March 21st 08, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Martin Dann

Default Car daytime running lights

David Hansen wrote:
A while ago I mentioned that the EU were trying to make things even
more dangerous for cyclists by introducing these things. I contacted
my MEP, who has discovered that this idea is being pushed by parts
of the UN, no doubt the same sort of people who are pushing bike
helmets.

This (DLRs) has been discussed in Parliament a few times, and according
to the minister for something or other, this has already been passed
into car manufacturing regulations, such that all new cars from 2012
will have to be built with DLRs.

Martin.