Old July 31st 05, 04:56 AM
daveornee

Default Any reason *not* to get an XT rear hub?

Jasper Janssen Wrote:
For my new bike, I'm planning on Deore for most of it, but I wa
thinking
maybe an XT rear hub (in particular because hubs are pretty hard to
replace by something better if they fail prematurely).

I'm much more interested in durability and strength than weight, so i
XT
is already getting into the 'pay for less weight, possibly at th
expense
of durability' game that XTR is *definitely* on, I'd just as soon g
with
a lower grade.

Jasper

You save 16 grams with the XT over the LX becasue XT uses Titanium axl
while LX uses steel. I think you might want to use LX based on you
reasoning

--
daveornee