Old January 3rd 19, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Build it and ... why aren't they coming?

On Thu, 03 Jan 2019 10:22:52 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

I've always though that the various reasons for not riding a bicycle
were just excuses not really "reasons". Ohhh it gets my hair all
messy" when the same person will go to the beach and jump in the water
and call it fun.

What baffles me is that people think they *need* excuses. I never
gave anybody an excuse for disliking spectator sports.

Well, when I was in college I once said that the reason I had to go
back to the dorm was that my feet were cold. I probably wouldn't have
noticed that they were cold if I hadn't been so *bored*.

But I never said "Oh, I love to watch football games, but I haven't
got snow boots, so I never go."

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net