Old January 7th 19, 01:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default 90 year old doper caught

On 1/6/2019 6:40 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 08:29:02 -0800 (PST), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 11:17:15 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Lance's bad influence extends to all ages.

https://sports.yahoo.com/90-year-old...173702680.html

--
- Frank Krygowski

It's not how you play the game that counts; it's whether you win or
lose. At least it is according to a lot of athletes. It also applies to
a lot of other professions too.

Doping in athletics dates back to the original Greek Olympics.
--

Cheers,

John B.

Here's an interesting book to read, which deals with doping in sports.

https://www.velopress.com/books/spitting-in-the-soup/

Actually, the issue is even bigger than sports. Does anyone think
there's any limit to the things they will give to fighter pilots or
other combatants to give them an edge?

And to prevent the shooting from starting, I've often wondered what
diplomats and politicians juice up on for cross-the-water trips. I know
that whenever I've gone to Europe, I've been pretty dazed for two days.
But someone like a Secretary of State is expected to jet over to Belgium
or wherever and deal effectively with rival diplomats who have shifted
their body clocks by one hour or less.

Might the Yalta Conference have gone differently if it was held in Boston?
--
- Frank Krygowski