Old January 9th 05, 08:02 AM
hippy

Default Look cleats that you can walk in??

"Absent Husband" wrote in message
Thanks all - the cleat covers sound like the best (and most
cost-effective) solution. Assuming they are easy to source, I'll hit up
my LBS for a pair and see how they go......

** sound of brain whirring** - I wonder if there would be a market out
there for a "flat" (bmx??) pedal with a Look cleat attached underneath,
so you could ride your bike around wearing thongs/sandshoes/whatever
(**delicately stepping around appropriate cycling footwear
debate...**), and then easily remove it and use your normal cycling
shoes for when you wake up early and dress up in lycra.....??

Why not just use mountain bike shoes?
ie. SPDs (yeah, here I go again!)

The shoes are easy to walk in and you can clip in
just like the LOOKs. They make a pedal with an
SPD side/flat side (like what you mention above)
and you can get all kinds of shoes for them, from
roadie style to funky 'skate' shoes - all with SPD
cleats.
For just riding around with the kids, there can't
be a better alternative ('cept maybe pure flat pedals)?

hippy