Old April 18th 16, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Doorways

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:29:10 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

"Kickstand"? Heaven forefend!

Flatfoots have no top tube. Really hard to lean one on a pole.

And mine came with the kickstand as part of the frame, so you don't
get clamp distortion.

But there's a downside to the all-in-one-piece philosophy. I wanted a
smaller chainwheel, and learned that it's welded to the crankset --
changing it would cost a substantial fraction of what I paid for the
bike.

So I'm stuck with a two-speed bike, the steering being too antsy for
me to ever want to pedal while going downhill.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/