Old April 24th 16, 03:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Doorways

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 11:16:14 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

I lean the saddle or crank the against the pole.

Tried the saddle-and-crank park on the street-number post on my way
out the driveway the last time I rode the flatfoot, and it worked. The
crank isn't nearly as far forward as I thought it was. (The curves of
the tubes create an optical illusion that makes the distance between
the bottom bracket and the seat post look much longer until one
mentally extrapolates the straight portions of the tubes.)

The short reach explains why it's so hard to pedal. Not as hard to
pedal as the child-size paddle boat that drifted up on our beach a few
years ago, but hard enough that I don't really mind that I can't go
through a traffic light on it.

(Eventually a motorboat came by with two children, and the father
escorted them as they pedalled home. It's a small lake -- and I
presume that shorter legs were less inconvenienced.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net