Old June 13th 16, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Drying without a towel

On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 15:17:50 +0700, John B.
wrote:

Thais who still live in the small villages will take, perhaps four or
five baths a day during the hot season.

One extra-hot summer when grad students were kept in a winter-only
dorm, I took a shower every time I entered or left the building. In
the old days, dorms had shared facilities that you didn't have to
clean yourself.

Facilities that one has to share with suite mates were a giant leap
backward -- Four of you sharing a single-occupancy room means a high
percentage of waiting for someone to finish a shower when you want to
use the toilet. And if your roommate is a slob, yuckers.

A suite of facilities meant to serve the whole floor meant that there
was *always* a vacant stall. When I washed my angora sweaters, I
could use half a dozen sinks. And somebody was *paid* to clean it.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net