Old August 28th 16, 11:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John B.[_6_]

Default AG: Hooray for Norfolk Southern

On Sat, 27 Aug 2016 23:06:19 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

When I go to the farmers' markets, I usually go to the fairgrounds
market first, then follow Market Street almost to the parked cars,
then zig over to the alley between Market and Center. Every time I
cross Hickory Street, I'm grateful that it was the railroad that paved
Hickory Street. Somehow Norfolk Southern didn't get the memo that it
is absolutely essential that the entrance to every driveway, parking
lot, and alley be blocked with a low curb, so I can wait until the
street is clear and roll across the intersection with my attention on
the traffic instead of on negotiating curbs.

Crossing Detroit Street, I get off and walk.

Chalk up one cyclist with common sense :-)
--
cheers,

John B.