Old August 15th 05, 06:25 AM
Mark Leuck

Default Any used recumbents in DFW?

"Slugger" wrote in message

Well Mark i'm partly joking but compared to Canada at least those parts
of Texas don't have many sidewalks. Not that it matters to a biker. Are
Texans courtious to your biking ways? I almost never see anyone biking
in Tx. My mother lives in Ft Worth so I'm no stranger to the area. The
city is sprawled out more than Toronto with a 4th of its population. To
get from A to B seems to take forever on highways and overpasses. Do
you bike on those highways?

Cheers.

Forth Worth has an extensive network within the 820 loop of bike trails and
eventually it will combine with Dallas to become a huge bike trail (so they
say), as far as sidewalks I never go on them and even in the new areas with
bike trails I avoid them as well and prefer to ride on the street. As far as
other drivers they seem to think my Baron is something to stare at so they
slow down a lot, I haven't had any problems yet although I also avoid
heavily traveled roads.

It all could be better, could be worse I guess.