Old January 8th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Sidi Genius Buckles: Will new replacements for Genius 5 fit oldGenius 2?

On Jan 7, 7:24*am, wrote:
Thanks all.

Bill, true, very true. *But then what would all of you do with your
extra time when you're not helping me? *;-)

I didn't ask about the straps because I assumed if the new buckle
didn't work with the old straps, then they must be a different width
and won't fit through the sleave on the tongue of the shoe. *While the
buckle just attaches with a single screw, the strap slides through a
sleeve on the tongue that is not changeable (sic?).

It'll be a bummer if instead of replacing $30 of hardware I end up
spending much more on a replacement. *These shoes have served me well
for over a decade. *The bottoms are well worn and there's a small hole
in the upper on the one side (crit crash circa 2000), but they still
do the job. *:-(

I'll contact Sidi to confirm and report back on what I hear.

Go to an LBS that sells SIDI and has for a while,
they may have a box full of pieces and spare parts.
That way you can experiment with the fit.

What's wrong with the buckle? Sometimes the
hinge pin works out and needs to be pressed
back in.

Ben