Old January 8th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Sidi Genius Buckles: Will new replacements for Genius 5 fit oldGenius 2?

On Jan 6, 6:54*pm, Brian Nystrom wrote:
wrote:
Subject kinda says it all.

I have a favorite pair of Sidi Genius 2's where the buckle just gave
up the ghost. *All I see around are Sidi Ultra SL replacement buckles
for the Genius 5 (and up).

Will they fit my current Genius 2's (I guess namely the attachment
screw)? *Will they fit the straps on my Genius 2's?

Thanks in advance,

plasticman

The new buckles will fit, but the new straps won't and the new buckles
won't work with the old straps. If you want the new buckle system,
you'll have to buy new(er) shoes.

Well, I looked he http://tinyurl.com/96v2dj (All Things Are
Possible With Ebay) and it looks to me like the same strap as my Gen
III's have, and the newer, narrower strap (for Gen IV and beyond) does
fit in the Gen III shoes. I just tried it again to be completely sure
the Earth didn't go through some kind of Reality Warp since this
morning. Nope.

FWIW, the old straps (Gen III, for sure and it looks like from the
link above, also the Gen II. Was there a Gen I?) will fit in Gen. IV
and later. But then you'd have to use those funky old buckles that the
pins worked loose in, which doesn't ever seem to happen with the new
ones. --D-y