Old September 4th 07, 04:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Default Tour de Fat - Boise random pics

Chris Brown wrote:
On Sep 3, 4:27 pm, HikerDave wrote:
On Sep 2, 7:51 am, Paladin wrote:

Thanks to New Belgium Brewing for hosting the Tour de Fat, a huge
bicycling party at a big park here every year. This last one was
great, but almost too big.
Some random shots from the first half of the day, mostly the costumed
Cruiser parade ride through town. We had over 1200 riders from the
"official" counter.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7728613...414463/detail/
And let's hear it for New Belgium 1554 !
CDB
the Paladin, accept no cheap substitutes.

Julia Davis park is one of the things I miss the most about Boise. I
even went there one crisp fall day just to rake up a huge pile of
leaves for my daughter. Been to a couple of those Boise Tour De Fat
events. How about those crazy drunken guys with the bicycle midway? My
daughter tried the bicycle-driven merry-go-round.

Anybody tried the Black Hawk Stout from Mendocino Brewing Company? To
my taste this is almost as good as the Guinness that I got for my
birthday. I'll drink Fat Tire ale once in a while, but I like a little
bit of variety.

Dave

This was my 3rd or 4th TDF, and it's a great time every year.
Mendocino? I learned to swim in Lake Mendocino in Northern California
about 40yrs ago.. I'm not a big fan of NB beer, except their 1554
or Trippel. But they really do a lot for biking.

Same here. But I buy NB often because of their support for biking and
their excellent green efforts.

Greg

--
Ticketmaster and Ticketweb suck, but everyone knows that:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org

Dethink to survive - Mclusky