Old January 19th 04, 04:32 AM
cheg

Default Breathable cycling jacket recommendations...?

"Simon Hawthorne" wrote in message
Hi all
I need to buy a breathable waterproof cycling jacket - does anyone
have any first hand recommendations....
Thanks in advance...
Simon

Regards, Simon
http://www.thehawthornes.org

I highly recommend the Pearl Izumi Channel jacket. It uses a
proprietary fabric called eVent that outperformed Gortex in US Army
Material Lab testing ( http://slate.msn.com/id/2085417 ). It is an
expensive jacket and has no vents, pit zips, or pockets, but I use
one on a 17 mile one way commute in Seattle and it has performed very
well, even on the rainiest day ever recorded in Seattle. The
temperature regulation is quite good. I have used it between -4 C and
13 C without problems.