Old December 13th 03, 03:38 PM
JohnB

Default Result!

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

Simonb wrote:

Took bike into Hargroves in Southampton for a freehub body replacement,
whereupon the mechanic discovered a crack in the forks. Not only is the work
on the forks under warranty, but Specialized have replaced the forks with
carbon ones!

Everyone seems to have carbon forks these days. A colleague in the CTC
told me I should really get carbon forks for my racing bike...but I
think he was actually after a cheap deal on the nice 531 forks it has at
the moment.

I'd rather have forks that matched the frame, and as someone who doesn't
even ride with gloves in summer, road buzz isn't a major concern ;-)

Not that long ago, forks were *always* considered an integral part of a frame
purchase. but today they are often an extra.
Having ridden both carbon and steel forks i have found very little difference.

Could it mainly a marketing ploy to get you to shell out more dosh?

John B