Old February 7th 06, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default creaky crank/bb

noodles wrote:

Any Ideas would be appreciated as its a tad annoying and noisey!

Does it occur when standing as well as when seated? I only ask because I had
a similar experience a year or two ago; it took me _ages_ to find,
eliminating every possibility, until I tried greasing my saddle rails,
and -- bingo! A creak from the saddle is in time with pedalling which lead
me to think it was somethin in the pedal/crank/chainring/bb area. The sound
was difficult to pinpoint as well, as it travelled down the seatpost and
tube, especially on the aluminium frame I was riding at the time.