Old October 8th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default Metric? Or, standard?

Cullen Carter wrote:

When you go for rides, what unit of measurement do you use?
Kilometers or miles?

For me, kilometers are much easier to comprehend because the units
are always divisible by ten. For example, when you've biked a
Kilometer, you know that you've gone 1000 meters.

With road signs and other markers, using the same units is convenient,
so I use miles in regions where they are commonly used and kilometers
where they are the local units.

I let the cyclometer do the required arithmetic for averages and
totals. I'm not interested in keeping a log nook of my
"accomplishments" but rather write a report of what I saw and
experienced.

Typical:

http://www.trentobike.org/Countries/...r_of_the_Alps/

http://www.bicyclinglife.com/Recreat...erraSpring.htm